TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
- All and any business undertaken, including but not limited to any advice or information given or service provided, whether gratuitously or not, by POINT TO POINT COURIERS LIMITED., hereinafter called the company, is transacted subject to the conditions set out herein and each condition shall be deemed to be incorporated in and be a condition of any agreement between the company and its customers.
- In these terms of business, the expression ‘The Company’ shall include, unless specifically agreed to the contrary, the company’s servants or agents or any subcontractor appointed by the company. ‘Customer’ means any person or company who contracts for the services of the company and includes the customer’s servants, agents or subcontractors and shall include anyone with apparent authority unless written instructions shall have been given to the contrary.
- The company is not a common carrier and will accept goods for carriage only on these conditions.
- Customers entering into transactions of any kind with the company for the carriage of goods expressly warrant that they are the authorised owners or agents of the goods to which the transactions relate and that they are authorised to accept and do accept these terms of business for themselves as agents for and on behalf of any other persons who are now or may at any time hereafter become interested in the goods.
- The company shall at its own absolute discretion fulfil all or any part of the contract of carriage by its own servants or employees or by entrusting the carriage of goods to any person as the company in its absolute discretion shall decide.
- The customer warrants that all goods entrusted to the company for carriage have been properly and sufficiently packaged and labelled and are adequately protected for the mode of transport to be employed. In particular, but not by way of limitation, the company shall not be liable for loss or damage attributable to wet, friction or other risks inherent in transport by motorcycle unless prior arrangements have been made with the company. If any goods shall be received from any previous carriers then the company shall not be liable for any loss, no matter how caused, unless the company through its servants, agents, employees or subcontractors shall have had the opportunity to inspect the goods and the customer shall be responsible for repackaging the said goods.
- All goods carried by the company are insured under the company’s own insurance policy to a total of £5,000.00 per consignment.
- If any consignment is worth more than £5,000.00, then such consignment shall be carried at the customer’s own risk unless prior arrangements have been made. In any event, the company shall not be liable for any loss, no matter how caused or of what nature, unless advised thereof in writing within 7 days and provided with a fully detailed and quantified claim within a further 21 days.
- The company will not accept or deal with any bullion, money (which term shall not include crossed cheques), jewellery, precious stones, valuables, antiques, livestock, plants, perishables unless prior arrangements have been made
by the customer. If, notwithstanding this section, the customer shall deliver to the company any such goods, then the company shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss for or in connection with the goods no matter how it shall arise.
- The company’s liabilities in respect of deeds, documents, papers, photos, artwork, computer disks, video and audio tapes, magtapes, plans, drawings and other items of a similar nature shall be limited to the material value of the items carried and shall not extend to the value of the contents of the deeds etc., nor to any consequential losses including, but not limited to commercial losses.
- Any loss suffered by the customer by reason of the customer’s failure to notify the company of any of the circumstances set out in paragraphs above shall be borne entirely by the customer unless prior arrangements shall have been made with the company to provide insurance against any such risk and the customer shall have agreed to bear the cost of such special insurance.
- The company undertakes to use its best endeavours to arrange any such special insurance requested by the customer within the time available but shall not be liable in any way whatsoever if it is unable to arrange suitable cover. The company shall notify the customer if it is unable to arrange special insurance and if, notwithstanding the absence of such special insurance, the customer instructs the company to continue with the transaction, then the company shall proceed entirely at the customer’s risk.